The Women’s Studies Association of Japan: To Prospective Members
The Women’s Studies Association of Japan operates free of the customs and rules that constrain conventional academic associations, and is open to people from all sectors of society. We aim to foster the exchange of opinions and information between researchers, educators, activists and campaign organizers, and to serve as a center of interaction, operated democratically and independently by participants, for those conducting research in the field of women’s studies.
- Annual Conference
Held in June, the annual conference consists of panel discussions on particular themes, seminars, presentations by individual researchers, and workshops.
- Publication of the Association’s academic journal
- Publication of the Association’s newsletter
- Independent research and projects
Requirements for membership
- Endorsement of the Association’s by-laws
- Payment of joining fee: 1,000 yen
- Payment of annual membership fee: 7,000 yen (covers the period from the beginning of April to the end of March the following year)
To obtain a membership application form, please contact us by post or fax, or via our website (details below).
Nihon Josei Gakkai
The Women’s Studies Association of Japan
1-16-24 Minami Yawata, Ichikawa-city, Chiba Prefecture 272-0023, Japan